Craptanisty Land

Friday, March 13, 2009

Something I can get behind


With the recent state of the economy I'm sure we are all reminded that most of us are one or two paychecks away from being homeless. I have been drawn to news stories about modern day
Hoovervilles taking root but today I heard of the EDAR project and this is something I could really get behind. EDAR stands for Everyone Deserves a Roof. It started as a dare so to speak for someone to invent something "better than the cardboard box". What they got a really cool housing idea. Here is a 3 min video that the LA Times did on it.  One EDAR cost approximately 500 dollars but you can make a smaller donation of say $50.00 and put the wheels on one of these babies. I'm thankful to see innovation like this and that it's for the benefit of those that our society tends to throw away.

2 Comments:

Blogger edluv said...

if you go to the times website there is a good article about them as well. really interesting stuff.

it's a tough problem because you're giving people dignity, but still not dealing with the issue that puts them on the street or the problem of chronic homelessness.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

I am suprised no one made a dirty joke about the title of this post.

In any case you know what I could get behind? A new post!

budumbumchhh!

I know you have something in that brain of yours that you are just itching to get out.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home