Craptanisty Land

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pirate Family on Wife Swap

Last night for the season opening of Wife Swap a professional organizer swaped with a Pirate family. Here is the Pirate's family bio.
Baur Family

Tori "Mad Sally" Baur (42), her husband, "Ol' Chumbucket" John (51), and their three children, Cate (16), Millie (13), Max (6), and dog Shiloh are a modern day pirate family from Oregon.

John and his best friend and business partner, Mark (aka Cap'n Slappy), are the authors of "Pirattitude" and founders of "International Talk Like a Pirate Day," celebrated all over the world on September 19. Chaos and creativity rule the Baur house, and the kids are encouraged to speak their minds. Tori stacks dirty dishes in the oven instead of cleaning them, and dirty laundry piles up around the house. The bill collector is over so often that John considers him a friend.

John and Tori are unconventional and embrace the chaos of the pirate lifestyle. Millie and Max embrace it as well, but quiet Cate prefers to stay in her room with comic books, and she's often left out of the swashbuckling.





Yes! This is the guy who started talk like a pirate day! Argggh!!!
Needless to say the house is swimming with scurvey, fleas and rumm. The deck has not been swabbed in many a year.

Okay and here is the poor family they swaped with.

Fine Family

Lisa Fine (36) and husband Craig (40) lead a life of organized perfection in California. Floor to ceiling bins line the Fine home and everything in their lives is labeled.

The kids, Ashley (13) and Brandon (10), are the perfect cheerleader daughter and football playing son. Picture-perfect Ashley is a miniature version of her mom, obsessively organizing her friends' rooms and making sure that her mother's "systems" are being utilized throughout the house. She says she has to remind herself that she's just a kid, not a professional organizer.

Brandon wishes he had a little more chaos in his life. After he builds something out of blocks, he has to take it apart and put the blocks away in individual bins by color. Craig says that Lisa is a perfectionist and keeping up with her is tough.


Needless to say it was a classic episode of Wife Swap

10 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Dude! Organized by color? That's crap, they should be organized by size or number of bumps or something. Color, pbth.

11:39 AM  
Blogger timidvenus said...

i agree with adam. so would my dad (hes color blind). actually, theyre blocks for heavens sake, who organizes blocks???

4:30 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

I know I know it was crazy. Also Sara there is a really cool pearl necklace in the sundance catalog that has a lotus locket pendant with it. I think that's what Woody shouls get you.

5:43 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

Tori stacks dirty dishes in the oven instead of cleaning them


we know someone like that.

6:31 PM  
Blogger auritus said...

Did the necklace make you smile Heather?

Also, I'm so disappointed I missed this episode of Wife Swap.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Ann-No, I won't allow myself to smile when checking out the Sundance Catalog. I don't want Robert Redford to break my legs because I didn't buy things that make me smile.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Yeah, I looked at the last Sundance catalog right after I'd taken a few hits of nitrous oxide. Let's just say that my credit card bill is huge.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny show

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley Fine irritated me to no end. Every thing else was fine. She was acting immature for a thirteen year old. I didn't even act like that, and that was three years ago.

I'm pretty immature too.

I think the Fine family was a bit too organized. It's almost bizarre. But Tori Baur licking the floor was a bit extreme, hahaha!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Emmahyphenleestill said...

they just showed this ep in Australia was supposed to be cleaning my sisters house but it was gripping television could not turn away and had to stop my self laughing so hard when that girl started hyperventilating because the organisation was all she had ever known

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home