Welcome to Music Monday. Justin suggested we look at commercial jingles this week and I aim to please. So, without further delay here is my list of the five best and five worst commercial jingles in no particular order. Please share your lists with me.
- Shasta-I wanna pop pop pop I wanna Shasta
- Shasta was the coolest of the generic sodas.
- Budweiser Select
- Ad tunes selected this as one of the best jingles of 2006. They say Some companies try to "brand" their television commercials with music. In the case of Budweiser, a campaign of ads ran with a single song: "Galvanize" (iTunes) by The Chemical Brothers. The crown logo of the Budweiser Select commercials backed by the Moroccan string sample in "Galvanize" (with rapping by Q-Tip) was hard to miss. The popular song also made an appearance in the 2006 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I love Q-Tip and every time I see the commercial I'm singing the song.
- I loved this song when I was a kid. I had no idea it was for beer. I always thought it was for that expensive butter with the Indians on it (challenge butter)
- Mr. Clean
- What a great song.
- International Dyslexia Association
- I'm not sure this is an official jingle but it's annoying
- I feel like chicken tonight
- Chicken Tonight is a Unilever brand (launched in the US in 1992 and the UK and Australia in 1993) of sauce that is added to chicken pieces in a skillet, available in flavors such as Apricot Chicken, Mustard Chicken and Thai Green Curry Chicken.
- The associated advertising slogan is "I feel like Chicken Tonight". In one series of television ads, these words were sung by actors as they 'flapped' their arms in a movement similar to the chicken dance. This dance and song was performed by The Simpsons family in the episode "Lady Bouvier's Lover", as a parody of the effects on popular culture from persuasive television advertising.
- The American version of the product quickly failed but it is still popular in Australia, The Netherlands and very popular in the United Kingdom where they even have a spin-off product Beef Tonight.
- Eastern Motors
- this is a really bad local commercial from LA
- Wow, with a jingle like that no wonder I always begged my mom for these tiny boxes of crap.
- . Delta
- We love to fly and our commercial bites hard
Labels: Music Monday