Craptanisty Land

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Maneater Revisited??


I was slightly disturbed a few weeks ago when I was watching the VH1 countdown and saw a video from Nelly Furtado entitled "Maneater" Other than the line "She's a maneater" the song bared no similarities to the Hall and Oates version. At the time I thought "Oh God, please don't remake maneater." Thankfully my prayers were answered...Until today when I caught the Ying Yang Twins song "Dangerous" feat Wycelf. The song is not a remake of the Hall and Oates "Maneater" but it does feat a hook with Wyclef signing "Ohh Woah Here She Comes."





Now please don't get me started on the Ying Yang Twins in general or Wycelf's shameful musical choices as of late. I just have to say I can't believe that Maneater is a song you would want to revisit. It was a horrible song to begin with. Please leave it alone like the dead dog on the side of the road that it is. Remember what your mother told you about catching germs from dead disgusting things.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's hall & oates, not oaths. they're not swearing on each other about a maneater.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good fix

9:50 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Maybe the Ying Yang Twins are thinking of themselves as city clean-up because they do have to pick up the dead dog on the side of the road.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Heather please tell me you watched Project Runway this season?

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nelly song is lousy. Totally forgettable.

Wyclef's song with Shakira wasn't bad. I mean, it was no Nebraska (huh, ed? huh?) but it wasn't trying to be anything great. But then again, I do love me some Shakira.

I saw the Ying Yang Twins on that show with the dude from Drumline, and they were far from inspiring. Oh well. They make it easier for the rest of us to feel good about ourselves.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heather and i totally watched project runway. we're thinking about renting the previous seasons.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Scott Or Malisa,
You know me of course I was all over that project runway. I do a great Heidi Klume impersonation

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading your post a little fast because I thought you wrote Nelly and I was all thinking how much I hated Nelly with his stupid bandaid and who the hell does he think he is anyway?

Then I reread it and saw that it was actually Nelly Furtado who, as far as I know, has never worn a bandaid on her face.

And I thought "Oh, that makes more sense I guess."

So, carry on.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Ed would say in an alternate universe:

The Ying Yang Twans ain't nuthin to f@ck wit!

Booya.

Thanks again for letting me sleep on yer couch last weekend. I had a great time.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I LOVED Laura, but does that surprise you? I thought Jeffery was the obvious winner, but I loved Laura. If I was artistic at all, I would be like her. And this is Malisa... though Scott watched it every week with me.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Malisa, I had so many favorites. i loved Milan because he was such a character. Michael was a real nice guy but I loved Jeffery's f*** em all attitude. I must say I hated Vincent and Angela but I could tear my eyes away from them.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home