Craptanisty Land

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Am I just crazy?

Am I just crazy or does anyone remember being told riddles like the following:

  1. There is a room with a dead man and a glass of red water. What happened?
  2. The duck broke the window and they all died. What happened?
  3. There is a naked man in the middle of the field with a straw and he is dead. What happened?
  4. There is a room with a dead man and 52 bicycles. What happened?
  5. The record skipped and she died. What happened?
  6. She turned on the radio and died. What happened?

Does anyone recognize these from their childhood and what the heck are they called?

8 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I totally remember those, but am blanking also. I'll ask my father, the teacher with the photographic memory...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

You're the best! Thanks for keeping me company at the yard sale.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I don't know what those are called either, but now I wanted to know what happened!

Scott has a book of childhood rhymes and such that include jumprope songs and hand clap things, as well as jokes. (I think you one time were reading it at our house.) I will check that to see if they are in there, and if so what they are called.

8:34 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

i remember those but no idea what they're called.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Malisa-I figured I would have a follow up post with "what happened" in a couple of days. But at least I'm not totally crazy

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always called them riddles, but I have to say i only remember one of those answers. I'll have to get the answers from you sometime. We always said them during out road trips to tournaments. we would ask yes or no answers and try to figure them out. It took most of the trip and was pretty entertaining.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Becky, Thats how I remember them as well. It always made for an entertaining bus ride and helped to keep us out of trouble. I will have to put up a post with the answers I know and let you all share the variations you have heard.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

Arent they just brain teasers?

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home