Craptanisty Land

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Narcissist of the Week 11/06/09




For the five of you who read my blog, I apologize for my extended break in acknowledging the actions of those who continually achieve excellence in narcissism. I've been battling and cold and trying to juggle my professional life and my blogging and general communication skills have suffered. I even made a half-ass post a couple of weeks ago award to David Miscavige the CEO of the Church of Scientology for dressing his dog up like an official church officer and making others salute him but couldn't get around to editing it in time. So just save yourselves sometime and check out the Martin Bashir interview on Nightline a couple weeks ago.The week before that I wanted to award the London 2012 Olympics logo for being so lame and so deaf to criticism.Last week I wanted to give the award to Tyra Banks for having some of the Models on ANTM take pictures in black face make up.

But what's done is done and this is a new week, So congratulations to the 53% of voters in Maine who decided that you want to take away the right of other consenting adults to marry. Do you think your win has stopped same sex people from being in loving committed monogamous relationships? Do you think this stops them from having sex or being gay? Do you think this strengthens your hetero marriages or stops children from learning about the LGTBQ lifestyle?

This is a very Narcissistic move on your part. Honestly I don't give a rat's ass about 99.99% percent of the people in this country who get married. If a drunk 20 year old pop star wants to get married in Las Vegas to her childhood friend, who cares? It doesn't affect me or change my view of marriage. The only marriages I care about are the marriages of those people I know and love. The rest of them "ca sara" it's not my place.

6 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Daaaaaaammnn!

Take that Maine!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Also, glad to have you back.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Well, even though we haven't passed a marraige law, WA can at least brag about passing Prop 71, the "everything but marraige" bill. At least all registered domestic partners (same or opposite sex) can now enjoy the beenfits and rights of married folk.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

But you ain't got no sunshine.

(to the tune of 'you ain't got no ice cream')

3:04 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

everything but marriage is bullshit. seriously, most domestic partner laws pretty much allow that. and, if you're going to give people everything but a word, why not give them the word, too?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

well, this was our domestic partner law, but the "defense of marriage" folks brought a referendum to overturn it.

personally I think that the government should only be allowed to grant domestic partnerships for all couples, gay or straight. The government is a civil institution and should be limited to recognizing/granting civil unions.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home