Craptanisty Land

Friday, September 25, 2009

Narcisist of the Week 9/25/09


This was kind of a slow week for the Narcissists. They have either gone to therapy or been keepin it on the down low. So today I honor one of my favorite Narcissists of all time Miss Oprah Winfery.

I honor her this week basically because I could find anyone else. She didn't really do anything Narcissistic this week but she did do something and she is a Narcissist so here goes.

This week Oprah turned a corner in her life and had Jay-Z on her program. For me this is confusing because 3 years ago Ice Cube was very public in his feelings o being snubbed by Oprah.

I've been involved in three projects pitched to her, but I've never been asked
to participate. For Barbershop, she had Cedric the Entertainer and Eve on, but I
wasn't invited. Maybe she's got a problem with hip-hop. ... She's had damn
rapists, child molesters and lying authors on her show. And if I'm not a
rags-to-riches story for her, who is?"

He seems to suggest that she has something against Rappers. People's suspicions were furthered when she invited the full cast of Crash on her show with the exception of Ludacris. Later Oprah addressed these suspicions by saying

I am a woman who has worked very hard for my status in the world and as a human
being. I don’t want to be marginalized by music or any form of art. I’m not
opposed to rap. I’m opposed to being marginalized as a woman

So what happend Oprah? Are you no longer opposed to being marginalized as a woman? Are you not familiar with Jay-Z's work? Oh wait I know. You are a total Narcisist and the rules (even the ones you impose) don't apply to you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Love the extra research you put into this one!

4:43 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

oprah is the devil!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Carrie-I'm glad you appreciated the research but Ed and I have been following her case closely for awhile and you know we love the Cube!

12:52 PM  
Blogger m.wise said...

you must be a big fan of o'shea's best work 'are we there yet'. wink wink. ha ha. just a joke, so don't hate me heather.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lulu said...

She actually did let Ludacris on her show, although she initially didnt invite him. When she had him on though she made clear she did not approve of his using the terms bitch and hoe (I think the n word was also discussed)in his lyrics and demeaning women. I kinda respect that she has made a statement of her dissapproval of those phrases because most people say nothing or just shrug that it is just the way it is. It is a valid criticism and at the very least is worthy of discussion. I thought it was interesting hearing Ludas response too, he was articulate and clearly offered his side on the issue however he was not given a chance to really get out what he wanted to say, or at least it was edited down (which he claims).
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/story/ludacris-blasts-opinionated-oprah_18_04_2006

Can I suggest a narcissist for you? Gwyneth Paltrow and her damn Goop newsletter. This week she is lecturing err enlightening the world on financial matters. Grrr.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Lulu,
I'll keep gweny on my list she always seems to be a little stuck up

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home