Craptanisty Land

Friday, May 14, 2010

Podcasts I love

I spend a lot of time at work typing report and often find that listening to something makes the work more enjoyable. Recently I've found several Podcast on itunes that I really have enjoyed listening too and forward to each new episode because I've already listened to all the old ones. So I thought I would share of my favorites with you. First we will start with my favorite Audio Podcast.

Stuff you Should Know





I love this podcast. It's produced by How Stuff Works.Episodes include: How do Lego's work, Do Zombie's Relay Exists and How do Lobotomies work? Even if the topic does sound thrilling Chuck and Josh make every topic entertaining. New episodes come out twice a week and they are generally 30 minutes in length and are a fun mix of knowledge and humor

Stuff Mom Never Told You


Also from the the How Stuff Works. This is a feminist (in the original sense of the word) podcast and so interesting. This week they ask Are there Feminist Role models in Children's Lit. I was so excited because they brought up my favorite Ramona Quimby. It's a great podcast for all genders.


Stuff you Missed in History Class


Again if you like the other How Stuff Works podcast you'll enjoy this one as well. I especially enjoyed their series on the Medici's.

This American Life

Just so you don't think I only listen to How Stuff Works Podcast I live for the weekly Episode of This American Life produced by NPR and staring Ira Glass.

Next come my favorite video podcast.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I really got into podcasts when I was driving back and forth a lot, and my favorite is Marc Maron's WTF. He is this comedian from back in the day, and was young and performing stand up at the same time as Zach Galifianakis and Mitch Hedburg but never made it big like him. He is emotional and liberal and inflective and basically a social critic and he has these great comedians on to talk about comedy and the nature of the world. They are generally deep and personal, but always have funny parts and talk about nerdy comedy stuff too. I love him. I also like Fresh Air, even though Terry Gross is totally awkward and weird.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Have to check those out.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can type and listen to something at the same time?
You are a genius, I could never manage that.

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home