Craptanisty Land

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a Long Strange Trip it's been v 2.0

Okay so I last mentioned that when I was about 14 I started listening to college radio which helped to open my eyes musically. However things really changed when I turned 15 and Fresno's Classic Radio Statiton KKDJ change to The Edge Alternative Radio Station. Even though this station isn't around I still love this radio station because it played so much variety of Alt Music. It wasn't all moody brit music (Smiths, Blur, Morrissey), or all 80's alt (Elvis Costello, B-52's, Ramones) or all grunge. It was a good smattering of Alternative Music. In my open the newFresno Alternative Radio station really sucks! I rarely listen to it. I was also boycotting it for a while because it seemed that they were only playing male vocalist and no female vocalist. But I diagress...

I can't list all the bands I grew found of during this musical "awakening" but I will give a special mention to my friend Shawn who introduced me to The Smiths and Morrissey and for that I am forever grateful.

So during my sophomore and junior year of high school I expirement with various forms of music. From classic rock (Steve Miller Band, Pink Floyd, Bad Company) to Britt Mod Rock (Radiohead, Blur, Neds Atomic Dust Bins, Charlatan's UK, XTC) to great american acts (Jullian Hatefield, The Lemonheads, The Pixies, The Breeders, Belly) and to classic alternative (David Bowie, Iggy Pop, B-52s, Joe Jackson).

Then in I believe in my Junior year a new passion began and it started with the TV station named The Box. Next time my departure into the world of hip-hop

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I'm gonna give VH1 a call and let them know about your blog posts. It's going well, but it needs some interjections from third rate comedians and teen acting sensations from the 80's.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Ohh please do. If only I was famous they'd give a crap. The next installment will be my slip into the world of hip-hop and then my conversion to X-tian music

8:10 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I notice that Toad the Wet Sprocket is missing from your list. As I recall you were excited to have seen Toad at Edgefest. Or was it that I was jealous I didn't?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Monticore said...

You're right Justin. I forgot I even saw them. But I did see The Charletons UK.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so love the B-52's and the Breeders. Great choices.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home