Craptanisty Land

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Lyst: Are Lost and Myst connected?

I know that I've mentioned this to Ed before but every once in a while when I'm watching Lost I get the eerie feeling that I'm playing Myst. I've put some screen shots up that I hope will show the similarities. For those of you who have played the game, the similarities are striking and you have probably already noticed them(Like this guy) and this guy (Scott Johnson???). Well here are the similarities that make me go hmmm....




1. Both involve people winding up on a mysterious island
2. Both involve exploring the island to solve the mystery of the island
3. Both islands have mysterious
machines and pods set up around the island


2 Comments:

Blogger Monticore said...

THIS IS FROM JAY. Apparently I am not allowed to comment on your newest post, so I'm going to say here that I used to be ABSORBED in Myst. Now I'm crazy about Lost. So there's another similarity! The J Factor!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Okay I fixed the problem. Let me mention another similarity: The giant time sucker factor. I spent alot of time thinking, watching and trying to figure out both Lost and Myst. Incidentally I needed to use spoilers to solve Myst. I think it will be the same way with Lost

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home