Craptanisty Land

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Music Monday

You can thank Ed for this week's topic. I think it's a good one with a lot of material good and bad. So here it is my top 5 and bottom 5 songs from movie. Now you all have your own list so don't get mad at me for not putting "In your Eyes" on my list.

Best

1. Gimme Shelter- The Stones
  • The Stones don't let groups sample their songs but they let Scorsese use it in almost every film.
2. Don't You Forget About Me-Simple Minds
  • You know and I know it's from the Breakfast Club. This song makes me want to raise my fist in defiance.
3. Mr. Robinson-Simon and Garfunkel
  • Need I say more
4. The Theme from Shaft-Isaac Hayes
5. Fight the Power-Public Enemy
  • From Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing

Worst
1. Circle of Life-Elton John
  • From the Lion King. I just really don't like Elton John
2. Wind Beneath my Wings-Bette Midler
  • From Beaches. Good Movie Bad bad song.
3. My Heart Will go On- Celine Dion
  • This song really had a life of it's own outside of Titanic, a very long annoying life.
4. Footlose-Kenny Logins
  • This song is a wealth of bad song and bad dancing except for that guy who does the robot he's cool with me.
5. Unchained Melody
  • Ghost

7 Comments:

Blogger auritus said...

Aw, the opening credits for Footloose is like my favorite part of the movie =\

That's okay, I have found peace with my poor taste/fondness for '80s movie montages.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Don't get me wrong I love Footloose but it is a terrible movie.

I alway wonder how those kids learned to dance so well if they weren't allowed to dance.

1:36 PM  
Blogger auritus said...

Pluck and moxie.

And sneaking over state lines.

2:15 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

good list

8:39 PM  
Blogger edluv said...

i mentioned this to heather the other day. it's funny, because for several weeks they've been denying a reunion. and then, there it is.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Roger Owen Green said...

I was a DJ at a wedding (1/1/99)and I was trying some (I thought) interesting choices, to no particular success. I put on Unchained Melody, and practically EVERYONE'S on the floor.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Monticore said...

Roger- You're so right there is something about these bad songs that just pull people to the dance floor. Maybe people are more ashamed to dance poorly to a good song than to a bad song

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home